A New Lease On Life!

Monday, July 25, 2005

Feeling Creative #I




I saw a brilliant movie last night, Vanity Fair, has anyone seen it? Brilliant in terms of colors, shapes and texture. The story was typical period piece. The costume design was absolutely fabulous. I just loved it. I was especially impressed with the director's usage of colors and texture. Of course, first thing I wanted to do this morning (besides eating something) was to do something creative. Since I have been wanting to make a necklace for ages, why not today? This might be a good opportunity to get it out of my system. After a few trips to the shop, cutting up swatches, knitting, making pom-poms, sewing and hopping next door for some constructive criticism, this is what I ended up with. Obviously it's still a work in progress! I'm not sure how it's going to turn out, but we shall see. Can you even see what it is?

6 Comments:

Blogger May said...

Thanks my little sis. I thought I recognized the streets. I knew it. Have you seen it? Love May

8:19 AM

 
Blogger Candi said...

Thanks for the movie recommendation. I will have to see that. I love to be inspired! I cannot tell what the necklace is, but it looks pretty creative to me. I love that you get inspired and immediately take advantage of it. I need to do that more often!

9:36 AM

 
Blogger Diane said...

Hi Sweetie

Once again you amaze me. Get an idea and go right to it. Wow!

I cannot talk Dad into VANITY FAIR for any reason. Maybe if he reads your blog and thinks about it being Bath. We'll see.

10:21 AM

 
Blogger Amy said...

I love it!

10:23 AM

 
Blogger May said...

Mum, I hope you can get Dad to watch it, it was beautiful. I think he will really appreciate the fact that he will recognize some of the streets. May

3:47 PM

 
Blogger May said...

The necklet is pretty hard to see. I think I will take it to the expert today and have her give me some good feed back. I think it will have to be a lot longer. We will see. I will take a better pictures next time. May

3:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home