A New Lease On Life!

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Three Cheers for Lance!


Today when I heard that Lance Armstrong had won Le Tour de France, his 7th in a row; I was so happy! Like many people, he has inspired and touched my life in so many ways. His strength give me so much hope and possitive energy. Havs anyone read his book? I started on it and had to put it down as it got too closed to home for me. I still really want to finish it, but I don't think I'm quite ready just yet (maybe after chemo).

Our good friend Ean, sent me the book the other day. I was so touched to see that he had went out of his way to get Lance to signed it for me. We are so blessed with so many nice and generous friends.


Rick ran the Nike organized "Run hit Wonders" this morning. I missed doing it with him. I think we will make it a tradition to do it every year from now (if we are around). I like the non-competitive factor of it and it's fun to stop and listen to all the bands. He ran in to some friends of our from Palm Spring. Who came up here to do the walk this year, Skip, Joy and Mike. I wish I could have been there to see them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Candi said...

How cool is that? That Run Hit Wonder sounds so cool, too. There are bands along the way? You wouldn't even need to take the iPod..very cool.

9:33 AM

 
Blogger May said...

Yeah, people stopped and totally get their groove on at some of these band. Good fun actually. They are starting to do them know in big city, it might head your way soon. May

3:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home