A New Lease On Life!

Monday, July 18, 2005

Keep on moving


I'm feeling pretty good today. Just had a visit with Mum and Dad, who came and spent the week-end with us. It's my week-off chemo and I'm trying my best to get use to this new drug. Apart from not have much enery, and dealing with itch attacks from time to time. My life with this new drugs is not so bad. I tried to keep myself pre-occupied with planning for life after chemo. So excited. I had decided that I'm going to do a triathelon next year. Some how, trying to convince others to do it with me hasn't been that easy. Hey I'm scare of the water too you know!

We also planned a trip to Mexico in Aug, to celebrate Life. My last chemo will be on Aug. 9th, and our trip is from Aug.13/18. The trip should be a really good break for Rick too. He's been amazingly patient with everything. I'm on the other hand has been experiencing personality changed such as, moodyness, extream bossiness, selfishness, just to name a few. I am hoping not to adopt these personalities after my treaments, for Rick's sake.

Rick is trainning to do a run hit wonder again this year. So happy! I admire others who can do outdoor activities, since I am unable to enjoy it at the moment. I will have to sit and wait in a cafe while Rick and his friend Aaron do the 10k, which will be coming up in 2 weeks. Hopefully our friends Taylor, Matt and his grilfriend Brandy will be able to visit us that week end.

I going to attempt on a solo outting today. A visit to a book store would be nice. I might as well join the craz, "the new Harry Potter is here".

6 Comments:

Blogger Chum said...

Hey May!

I can't believe the Run Hit Wonder race is on Sunday! I'M NOT READY!! Sorry we can't go to Ashland. Maybe Ikea on Saturday then.

Love you,
Rick

PS - Nice blog, by the way!

11:10 AM

 
Blogger May said...

Ok Rick, may be you can run today and a dip in pool after?
Love you too
May

12:49 PM

 
Blogger Diane said...

You two are too much! I enjoy your blog, May. Thanks for the compliment. I admire you more than I can say.

Love,
Mum

10:09 AM

 
Blogger Amy said...

Hey May,
What are you doing today? You were supposed to come over yesterday!
-a

2:50 PM

 
Blogger May said...

Oh Sorry Aim,

I haven't been on the blog for a while. Just got the new book and was kinna sick from something the other day. Sorry I didn't come over. Well I look forward to drink my grass juice on Friday! Juice Queen. Lv May

3:50 PM

 
Blogger Candi said...

You look totally fabulous...seriously! Thanks for sharing this blog (even if Connie had to send me the address). Isn't blogging fun? Enjoy your trip!

7:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home